My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Vigil

Tonight I sit a vigil -- a vigil for 2010.  I sit to honour all the struggles of the past year and to ask the universe for a sweet resolution to each.  Namely:  for my Russian Love to be mine for as long as I live, in body and soul, for the good of us both; for my daughter to find peace and happiness inside of herself; for my son to beam with health, vitality, and calm; for me to bolster all my attempts at success with pride and fearlessness; for everyone I love to be happy and healthy. 

I will remain awake, trying my best all through the night and usher in the dawn with joy and a quiet, yet unshakeable, purposefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment