My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How to manage stress and not junk out

Dear ethernet diary,

Well gut rot is here, and not the sticky gooey I just ate an entire box of something yummy kind.  It's just boring old stress.  The stress isn't even real, it's imaginary!  So what to do about it before I eat an enitre box of something?  I'm going to take the kiddies and go up a gondola into the west coast snow.  Santa's up there, reindeer are up there, an outdoor fire pit and skating -- and best of all, 6 feet of snow.  We are going to tumble head first into the snow.  And my hope is that this low energy, dragging my body around feeling will tumble with us.  I want to bring back some vitality, some hope, some confidence in myself.  Some joy.  I want to feel that I'm okay just being with myself.  I know this all sounds like shlock, and it is!  But effing shlock seems to actually affect my mindset, and as disturbing and/or laughable that is, it's still true.  So -- time to face it, with christmas on top.   

No comments:

Post a Comment