My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

More withdrawal and self-reflection

Gnawing in the belly.  The understanding that it must be like this right now, though it hurts.  Smilla Jaspersen was right -- pain of the mind is worse than pain of the body.  Especially regret.  But I have to peel away the layers, and for me it had to begin violently -- I couldn't escape it because I have to face it.  I was not only violent to him, but violent with myself.  It's the only relief I've known.  Volcanic emotional emptying.  I haven't trusted love.  I take take take or appease appease appease.  I want to see me clearly, see the real me, and not recoil.  Desire and longing are so strong in me -- for my kids, for him.  How to free it and myself?  I want to give and not expect return.  Only the most self-contained person can do that.  He sneered that I need religion, over the phone; was he right?  Am I that weak?  I've always sought it I suppose -- santa, teenage wicca, tibetan mediation, science.  Now I seek freedom.  If a companion in love is still in my future, if he is still in my future, I will only meet him if I am free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment