My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Worship the hill

i promise revealing personal melodrama is on its way, but it seems my first blog act will be to worship the hill that lies a few hundred feet from my door.  this past week, i went up the hill in the daylight savings dawn to strengthen my muscles and bones and clear my head.  it works wonders.  i am up a bit later this saturday morning, but i get up at 5:30am weekdays for this ritual.  a ritual that will allow me to slough off inches of insulation i have put between me and the big scary world, between me and my own feelings.  this is the second time i will have used exercise to find myself.  the first time, i only found my physical self -- and because i was very young, it seemed like THE pinnacle was to feel sexy and attractive, wear the clothes i wanted, be a yummy mummy.  time moves on, life changes, stress and challenges arise, and the foundation of the new me crumbled.  i turned to no sleep and sugar to make it through.  old habits, time-tested habits.  and here i am, not quite back where i started, but feeling very similar feelings to the girl i was from inside the woman i have become.

now a change.  based on the solid bedrock of truly knowing myself, giving myself what i need, managing fear by being with myself in fresh early-morning air, not off in over-sugared, hollywood fantasy, if i were only skinny enough to wear le chateau land.  my pinnacle is the top of the hill, not once, but everyday one way or another.  i now know it is a daily journey, not a once or even twice in a lifetime thing -- there is no standing still, only matching dynamic life with dynamic self.

to that end, here are my beginning stats:

5'7"
chest:  38"
waist:  32"
hips:  37.5"
thigh:  24"
i don't do scales, but here i am in my size 8 lucky brand jeans, the best judges of weight in the world -- i'm guessing i'm about a size 10 right now:



keep in mind, i am sucking in -- but i believe i deserve that priviledge given that i am baring it all on the internet.  stay tuned for more bi-monthly webcam wednesdays (next up Wednesday, December 1st).  i know i will.   

No comments:

Post a Comment