My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Fuck you

The classic phrase.  We say it when we mean it and we say it when we don't.  The question is, how should the user define the circumstances that warrant either.  A bigger question is if western society can take anything constructive out of the pre-meditated use of the word. 

For instance, I just told my mate "Fuck you!".  I felt it was perfectly justified and that it should have enlightened him about what we were arguing about.  He took the Western road and thought otherwise; his passive aggressiveness is appropriate and my blasphemy is, well, blasphemy. 

Funnily enough, he just came down and gave me a peck.  Perhaps this is evidence that my targeted epiphany worked...

No comments:

Post a Comment