My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

On being the hub

i am the hub of my little family.  and that leaves me open to depression that i like to fill with sugar.  let me explain:  more than half of my identity is filled with the duty i feel towards them, and the actions that go along with managing everyone and everything, while their identities are free of this -- they grow from my love and caring, and use it to walk out the door in search of their own adventures.  meantime, i feel half of my adventure just left me behind.  it is the case with lover, son and daughter.  don't get me wrong, i am not upset or jealous (most of the time), i revel in their joy.  it's just that i am trying to identify why i feel this loss everytime i am left sitting on my couch by myself.  it would be nice if my identity was full up, and being a mother and partner were the icing.

time to hit the hill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment