My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Discipline is

"Discipline is remembering what you want" -- no simple task.

I thought blogging would help me to do this but 5 days later she came out of her sugar haze to find nothing had changed...

How did it happen?  I forgot to remember that I was remembering what I want.  And what I want is this:  peace of mind and body, although it will likely not occur in that order.  How do we help ourselves to remember, when it is apparently so difficult?  Do it everyday.  There is no way around it.  I did not worship the hill in the last 5 days -- I met deadlines (at the last minute), I hostessed family, I considered my life while shoving down any flour-sugar combo I could dig out of my cupboards and glowered at my mate -- AND I forgot what I wanted... 

When does saying "I am the only one responsible for how I feel" and living it coincide?  It coincides when you do what is right almost every second.  And since some estimate we have about a thought per second, that means making 86,400 right decisions per 24 hours.

For me, I will start by waking up each day and writing to you, oh ethernet.  Not in the hopes of making an impression on an audience, but on myself.  Everyone I have ever met or learned of has made a larger impression on me than I have on myself.  It's time to impress myself.

Directions to impress myself :
Begin at foot of hill, go up, turn and repeat.

My very next action will be to go up a hill, first the one out my door, followed by the one in my heart.  I will pound pavement and when I return, I will decide which action I am most dreading and I will devote 15 minutes to doing that very thing.  Then I will promise myself that I can and will make 86,400 additional responsible decisions that day.  correction: 86,400 extraordinary decisions that day!

Time for a page on extraordinary decisions...feel free to tell me yours.  With thousands to choose from, this is a breeze...

No comments:

Post a Comment