My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rock star fitness

This post is brought you by the body and soul of Emily Haines performer.  I do not purport to know anything about the true soul of Emily, but I derive great inspiration from her performer soul:  her songwriting, her dancing, her keyboard instrumentation, her outfits and above all her legs.  Fucking hottest singer/songwriter legs on the planet.  So many of the women who inspire me are creators, singers, writers -- women who express themselves. And looking at them, one thing is striking, none of them have an eating problem, they are too busy expressing themselves. It makes sense: repress = eat, express = dance.

I began this post thinking I should write about moderation so I could invite it into my psyche -- a quick internet search later I was laughing my guts out ...


...and I realized that moderation is just not in the vocabulary of my PunkRock soul.  I need extremes -- in love, in parenting, in self-expression, in intellectual pursuit and in physicality of all forms.  I need to dance, exercise, give and receive human contact extremely, rock star style.  So I'm going to tweak my life plan, acknowledge my inner rockstar and invite expression instead of moder-repression into my psyche.  I hereby state that:

1) I have fucking gorgeous legs -- time to break them out of storage i.e. fat and pants.
2) I dance, dress and love with rockstar passion -- time to continue and celebrate these traditions daily.
3) I eat poetry, music, movement and passion and live off coffee, dark chocolate and the tingle of fingertips absentmindedly caressing my back.  No more moderation.

here's to my Inner Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment