My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

For chic-a-dee-dee-dee number one and two

I was hunting around in my soul for the strength to finish this paper by 2 p.m. tomorrow, and the first and strongest inspiration came in the shape of my chic-a-dees number one and two -- being my kiddies.  My grandma used to call me and my older sister chic-a-dee; I loved it.  It made me feel so warm and happy inside to be known by such a term of endearment.  I have never been a disappointment to my grandma in my whole life, not once through any of the many shocking mistakes I've made.  She has always been my number one fan, and I want to give that to my kids.  I fucked up our time together this holiday by allowing school and the intensity of my relationship to use up the precious minutes.  Though they are both important areas of my life, my time with my kids is finite.  They are growing and making memories of their childhood at lightning speed and I must catch up with them.  So, I will finish this paper now, that by tomorrow night at this time I am snuggled up with one chic-a-dee under each arm, watching the last evening of our holiday set, together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment