My photo
I'm just your typical divorcee, grad student, single mother of two who wants to A) gripe about shit B) make people read it C) magically lose weight and pin down prince charming while doing it. I'm hysterical and melodramatic -- and you know you like it!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Echoes

My life is guided by echoes of the past repeating themselves in new forms -- this time, could it be that I won't just repeat the past; could it be that these echoes signify a fresh start with the possibility for a different, more fulfilling, end?  Russian Love and I consummated our love for the first time the day my sister gave birth to her first child.  Now, almost four years later, she is about to give birth to her second -- and my love and I have a chance for a second consummation of a reborn love.  That's what I yearn for.  Dear Universe, can you communicate my heart's desire to his?

Last year, at this exact time, I wrote a difficult paper on the enzyme OGT that was due the first week of January -- and this year?  I am writing another difficult paper on the same enzyme, due at the same time, written while enduring similar pangs of doubt in my abilities.  I hope for another fulfilling end -- that I may ascend to the next level of the gyre of my life:  spinning but ever expanding...   

No comments:

Post a Comment